Vertical Labret vs Labret Pros & Cons by a Piercer EP78
In Episode 78, DaVo, a Professional Piercer since 1994, covers the Pros and Cons of Vertical Labret Piercing Vs. Labret Piercings. The idea behind this video is to help someone decide between the two piercings.
I aka DaVo have been a professional body piercer and the owner of the Axiom Body Piercing Studio in Des Moines, Iowa since 1994. My focus on education and helping clients make safe and informed decisions on getting pierced has always been a large part of my business practices and services. With my website and increasingly on youtube, I hope to expand and inform others outside of my small part of the world. I always encourage questions and comments, so if you have one, please comment.
- Vertical Labret - The lower lip needs to curve outward.
- Labret - Needs to be room for the jewelry and limit contact with the gum line.
- Vertical Labret - Vertically through the lower lip. Below the Vermillion Border and inside of the Tubercles
- Labret - At a 90 degree angle below the Vermillion Border.
- Vertical Labret - Forceps can be uncomfortable but usually the piercing is only slightly painful.
- Labret - Also Forceps can be uncomfortable as can the jewelry transfer and screwing on the ball. The piercing itself usually isn’t painful at all.
- Vertical Labret - Heal fairly easy heal though depending on the jewelry there can sometimes be some migration. Swelling can also be an issue and will require larger than needed jewelry. Can make eating and drinking difficult. Will require a change in diet to reduce swelling. Also no sexual contact, kissing for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Labret - Also a fairly easy heal but the jewelry needs to be over sized to deal allow for swelling. Doesn’t effect eating as much as the vertical labret. The the longer stud can often be difficult to deal with. Also no sexual contact, kissing for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Vertical Labret - Ring or curved barbell
- Labret - Most stick with the labret studs though in some cases depending on the placement and anatomy a ring or oval shaped ring can be worn
Living with the Piercing
- Vertical Labret - Will need to adapt to eating with the jewelry in. Even after the piercing is healed you will need to use a latex barrier during oral sex. Of course any facial piercing can effect employment.
- Labret - adaption with eating isn’t going to be as bad as the Vertical but you will need to take it easy at first.
- Vertical Labret - Since the jewelry is more outside of the mouth the Vertical Labret and lip piercings at this angle have a reduced risk to damaging teeth, Gums and the bones in your mouth.
- Labret - Depending on the placement and the anatomy of the person, there is a risk to damage that is higher with labret piercings then VL. The disc will often “nest” into the tissue to reduce this but it is always a risk and if there are signs of damage, the jewelry should be removed.
- Lip And Labret Piercings Beaten To Death, 2018 Revision - https://axiompiercing.com/lip-and-labret-piercings-beaten-death-2018-revision
- Labret, Beauty Marks, Cheeks, Etc.. Piercing Jewelry - https://axiompiercing.com/labret-beauty-marks-cheeks-etc-piercing-jewelry
- Lip Piercing Jewelry - https://axiompiercing.com/lip-piercing-jewelry
- Lip Piercing - https://axiompiercing.com/lip-piercing
- Labret Piercings - https://axiompiercing.com/labret-piercings
- Vertical Labret Piercing Pros & Cons By A Piercer EP 34 - https://youtu.be/Y5IrgfDQLaM
- Labret Piercing Pros & Cons By A Piercer EP 20 - https://youtu.be/Q69P39D9rKs
- Lip Piercing Pros And Cons By A Piercer EP 19 - https://youtu.be/Rx0sAdG0-Nk
- Lip Or Labret Piercing What Is The Difference? - https://youtu.be/C-12sRWoWaY
Body Piercing & Tattooing Channel Links
- Website - https://bptchannel.com/
- Youtube Channel Page - https://www.youtube.com/c/BodyPiercingTattooing
- Our New Merch Store = https://teespring.com/stores/bpt-channel
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bptchannel/
- Twitter @channel_body - https://twitter.com/channel_body
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Body-Piercing-Tattooing-Channel-112580290467919
Following links are affiliate links and a small amount will go to DaVo and the Axiom:
Suggested Aftercare Products:
- For Premixed Saline DaVo suggests. NeilMed Neil Cleanse Wound Wash First-Aid Sterile Saline Solution 6 fl oz Each - https://amzn.to/2lgrfL7
- For Oral Piercings -
Biotene Fresh Mint Moisturizing Oral Rinse Mouthwash, Alcohol-Free, for Dry Mouth - https://amzn.to/2NbIYza
All footage was filmed using a Canon EOS 80D Camera get your own at Amazon - https://amzn.to/2Ddu5ts Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens - https://amzn.to/3bb5PV4 and Canon EOS R - https://amzn.to/386Y1BZ with Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM Lens - https://amzn.to/2UzY4lJ
For more information on DaVo and the Axiom Body Piercing Studio go to https://axiompiercing.com
Now on TikTok - TikTok - @SKTattoo - http://vm.tiktok.com/fWNXFc/
Axiom Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/axiombodypiercing/
Skin Kitchen's Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/theskinkitchen/
Skin Kitchen Tattoo and The Axiom Body Piercing Studio are located at 3800 Douglas Ave./Des Moines, Iowa 50311
Tattoo hours are Thursday - Monday 1-8pm
Piercing hours are Thursday - Monday 2-8pm