20 Things You Should Demand From Your Piercer - Body Piercing Basics EP41
In the 41st Episode of Body Piercing Basic, DaVo goes over 20 key things you should demand from your piercer including:
- To give a verbal consultation that covers all responsibilities that will need to be taken on to heal the piercing, risks, your health status, allergies and other issues that might be involved in the piercing procedure and healing process. Also evaluate and discuss the person’s anatomy, placement and jewelry options. Regardless if you are getting pierced that day or in the future.
- If they do not offer, refuse or suggest a piercing, they should clearly explain why they feel the piercing is not a good choice. So, you can make an educated decision.
- To advise clients firmly if a piercing is risky, prone to rejection and/or experimental.
- To will be willing to refuse to do piercing they don’t feel they are comfortable with.
- Give you a guided tour of the piercing area and studio if you request it.
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner, be sobber and treated clients in a respectable manner regardless of your age, gender, race, sexual orientation, spiritual or political beliefs, and/or piercing choice.
- To be discrete and offer a clean well lite private area where clients can have a consultation and get their piercing.
- To be open and willing to answer any questions the client may have before during and after the piercing.
- To only pierce with sterile single-use piercing needles that are disposed of as medical waste.
- To only pierce with tools and instruments that have been decontaminated, cleaned and then sterilized between clients. Not use ear piercing devices and jewelry at all.
- To practice good hygiene and cross-contamination prevention before, during and after the piercing. Including washing hands and changing medical exam gloves often.
- To only use jewelry made from certified implant grade materials with a high finish and free of defect. Also that the jewelry is the correct size, style, and shape to decrease the risks of issues during healing and speed up healing.
- To offer piercings and basic jewelry options that fit within your budget and needs
- To supply written care instruction and also detailed verbal instruction after the piercing is done and make themselves available for future questions and issues by phone, text, in persons, etc...
- To not consider their job done until the piercing is completely healed.
- To offer some guarantee including re-piercing or replacing jewelry if it is defective.
- To replace jewelry free of charge if the jewelry was too small or is causing issues.
- To offer a consultation free of charge on healing issues regardless of who did the piercing.
- To change and sterilize jewelry regardless of where you buy it.
- To passionate enough about their art to educate anyone that is willing to learn about body piercing and body art and consider themselves as an ambassador for the industry.
This video is designed for those new to Body Piercing and as an educational introduction. You should always consult a professional piercer or medical profession before getting any piercing or embarking on a piercing procedure. One of the concepts behind this series is to give the average person the ability to have an educated conversation about the piercing will be done with their piercer.
I aka DaVo have been a professional body piercer and the owner of the Axiom Body Piercing Studio in Des Moines, Iowa since 1994. My focus on education and helping clients make safe and informed decisions on getting pierced has always been a large part of my business practices and services. With my website and increasingly on youtube, I hope to expand and inform others outside of my small part of the world. I always encourage questions and comments, so if you have one, please comment.
The Body Piercing & Tattooing Channel Merch Store - http://bit.ly/skamerch Featuring artwork by DaVo, Jack and Westley and Axiom and Skin Kitchen designs.
Suggested Aftercare Products:
- Morton Natural Sea Salt - https://amzn.to/2lfer7M
- POLAND SPRINGS WATER DISTILLED, 6 1 Gallon Bottles - https://amzn.to/2lh6a3d
- For Premixed Saline DaVo suggests. NeilMed Neil Cleanse Wound Wash First-Aid Sterile Saline Solution 6 fl oz Each - https://amzn.to/2lgrfL7
- Provon Medicated Lotion Soap with Chloroxylenol - 4 ounce - Pack of 2 - https://amzn.to/2jMIOly
All footage was filmed using a Canon EOS M50 Camera get your own at Amazon - https://amzn.to/2Gv0vQe Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM - https://amzn.to/2XpHi6W using the VILTROX EF-EOS M2 Lens Adapter 0.71x Speed Booster for Canon EF Lens to EOS EF-M Mirrorless Camera M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 AF Auto Focus Reducer - https://amzn.to/2DpchbP and Canon EOS 80D - https://amzn.to/2RD2jcS with Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens - https://amzn.to/2jMCkDe
For more information on DaVo and the Axiom Body Piercing Studio go to https://axiompiercing.com
Follow the Axiom:
- Twitter - @axiomskt - https://twitter.com/axiomskt
- TikToc - @SKTattoo - http://vm.tiktok.com/fWNXFc/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Axiompiercing/
Skin Kitchen Tattoo and The Axiom Body Piercing Studio are located at 3800 Douglas Ave./Des Moines, Iowa 50311
Tattoo hours are Thursday - Monday 1-8pm
Piercing hours are Thursday - Monday 2-8pm